Flights To Vancouver, BC From Las Vegas, Nevada
Several major airlines have cheap flights to Vancouver from Las Vegas. A surprising choice in non-stop flights is Philippine Airlines. They often have the cheapest airline tickets to Vancouver from Las Vegas.
Canada's low-cost airline, WestJet is the preferred airline for many travelers to Canada. WestJet isn't just about cheap tickets, their aircraft and in-flight service are excellent. If an airfare is advertised from Vegas to Vancouver, don't hesitate to book with WestJet, it may just become your favorite air carrier.
Airlines With Non-Stop Flights From Las Vegas to Vancouver
- Air Canada – is Canada's national flag carrier airline and has the most flights to Canadian destinations of any airline. Air Canada have daily non-stop flights from Las Vegas, Nevada to Vancouver, BC.
- United Airlines – this flight is a code share with their Star Alliance partner, Air Canada. Several one-stop flights available on flights operated by United.
- Continental Airlines – also a member of the Star Alliance and they code share with Air Canada on this flight (note: now merged with United Airlines).
- WestJet Airlines – daily non-stop flights between Vegas and Vancouver.
- Philippine Airlines – fly to Vancouver from the Philippine's five times per week. The flight stops in Vancouver and then continues on to Las Vegas.
One-Stop Flights From Las Vegas To Vancouver
In addition to the non-stop flights, several airlines have one stop flight service from McCarran International Airport (LAS) to Vancouver International Airport (YVR):
- Alaska Airlines / Horizon Air – the most direct flight is a stop in Seattle. Alaska also fly to Vancouver with stops in either Portland Oregon or Los Angeles, California.
- US Airways – one stop flights are through their main West Coast hub in Phoenix, Arizona.
- United Airlines / Continental – United has several one stop flight options. The most frequent is through Denver, Colorado from Vancouver on the outbound leg and through San Francisco on the inbound leg of the flight.
- Delta Air Lines – the most frequent flight is through Delta's hub in Salt Lake City, Utah. The flight is operated by Skywest Airlines which flies this route for Delta Connection.
- American Airlines – one stop flights are through Los Angeles. American Airlines flight from Vegas to LAX is with American and then code share with Alaska Airlines LAX to YVR.
Vancouver International Airport (YVR)
The Vancouver International Airport is Canada's 2nd busiest airport. The airport has won the Skytrax Award as North America's Best Airport in 2010 and 2011. Over 11 million people voted in the 2011 award.
The airport is located 8 miles from the city center. All major car rental companies are present at the airport. There is taxi and limo service available immediately upon exiting the terminal. It is under cover and taxi service is plenty and normally there are no considerable waits. Rapid transit is available with the Canada Line Rapid Transit which will get you to the city center quickly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do any US low-cost airlines fly to Vancouver from Las Vegas?
Southwest Airlines / AirTran Airways, JetBlue and Frontier Airlines do not fly to YVR from LAS. However, these four airline all fly out of Seattle Tacoma International. These airlines are well known for their discount flights. Especially Southwest with their "Wanna Get Away" promotions. The only low-cost airline flying LAS to YVR is WestJet. Another popular choice among travellers to Vegas from the lower mainland is Allegiant Air. Allegiant fly from the Bellingham International Airport. It is a no frills flight, but you will likely save a significant amount on your airfare.
How many miles is the flight?
The flight from Vegas to Vancouver is 992 miles or 1,596 kilometers.
How long is the flight?
The shortest flight from Las Vegas to Vancouver Int'l is 2 hours and 34 minutes with WestJet.
Video of the McCarran International Airport
This is a video of arriving at the McCarran Airport. Props to the youtube user evancortez2 who posted it. The video starts of with landing at the airport, walking through the airport and getting to baggage claim via the train (not necessary with many arrivals), and taking the shuttle to the car rentals.
Note: Airline flight schedules are subject to change at any time. Refer to individual airline websites for latest flight information.