Cheap Flights To Vancouver From Minneapolis Minnesota
You can fly direct, non-stop from Minneapolis, Minnesota to Vancouver, BC Canada. Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport (MSP) has over 130 non-stop destinations, including Vancouver. This ranks the airport second in the country for the number of non-stop flights per capita. Delta Air Lines have non-stop flights to Vancouver from Minneapolis, Minnesota (MSP to YVR).
Airlines Flying From Minnesota to Vancouver
- Air Canada and it's regional airline Air Canada Jazz have one stop flights from Minneapolis to Vancouver. Air Canada is Canada's flag carrier airline and the largest airline in the country. They have more flights to Canadian cities than any other airline in the world.
- Alaska Airlines fly to Vancouver from Minnesota. They do not have any non-stop flights. There are one stops with connections in either Seattle/Tacoma International Airport (SEA) or Portland International Airport (PDX).
- American Airlines have one stop flights to Vancouver. The connection is in Dallas, Texas. The Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) is American Airlines main hub in the USA.
- Continental Airlines flights to YVR from MSP are operated by United Airlines and United Express. The two most frequent one stop connection cities are in Chicago and Denver.
- Delta Air Lines are the largest operator at the Minneapolis – St. Paul International Airport. In 2010, Delta and it's regional airline Delta Connection accounted for 80% of passenger volumes at the airport. Delta is the only airline with direct flights to Vancouver from Minnesota. The flight is not always Delta's cheapest flight. They frequently have one or two stop flights at better prices. The non-stop flight is 1,431 miles and is 3 hours and 25 minutes.
- United Airlines is the carrier after Delta with the most flights out of MSP for YVR. They do not have any non-stops, but they have frequent service with connections in either Denver or their larger hub in Chicago.
- US Airways often is the major airline with the cheapest flights to Vancouver from many US destinations. Flights from Minnesota stop in Phoenix, Arizona which is their main airport hub on the West Coast of the USA.
- WestJet Airlines and American Airlines signed a code sharing agreement in February 2011. This agreement is opening up new US markets to WestJet. The code share agreement allows travelers to fly with the two airlines on either airline ticket code. Upon signing of the agreement, Boston and Chicago were the only cities that WestJet was code sharing in the US with American Airlines. However, new cities are planned for the near future. WestJet is Canada's discount airline. When searching for cheap flights to Vancouver, consider a cheap flight from Minneapolis to any city in Canada that WestJet fly and then connect onward with WestJet.
Cheap Airline Tickets
In addition to the WestJet flight suggestion for cheap airline tickets, an alternative idea is to search a flight with one of the US low cost airlines flying from Minneapolis. These low cost airlines fly from MSP to Seattle/Tacoma in Washington State. The flying distance between SEA and YVR is 127 miles. Horizon Air have several flights daily between Seattle and Vancouver, BC.
Low Cost Airline flights from Minnesota
- AirTran Airways
- Frontier Airlines
- Southwest Airlines
Best Time to Fly
The best days of the week to fly to Vancouver are Tuesdays and Wednesdays. The cheapest months for flights are the winter months of January and February.
The Vancouver International Airport
The airport is Canada's 2nd busiest airport, only Toronto has more passengers per year. The flight into Vancouver is beautiful as you fly over Washington State's San Juan Islands and BC's Gulf Islands. When you arrive, the airport is one of the best in North America. Transportation options abound. Taxi's are available immediately upon exiting the terminal and there it is not normal to have to wait for a cab.
All major car rental companies are present at the airport and the Canada Line Rapid Rail Transit will take you to the downtown core quickly. Airport hotels have complimentary shuttles servicing the airport and are located close to the airport.