Flights From Vancouver BC to Omaha, Nebraska
The following major airlines fly from Vancouver, BC Canada to Omaha, Nebraska:
- Air Canada (code share)
- Alaska Airlines (code share)
- American Airlines
- Delta Air Lines
- United Airlines
- United Express
- US Airways
Eppley Airfield (airport code: OMA), located 5 kilometers from the center of Omaha is the busiest airport in Nebraska. In addition the airport serves parts of Iowa, Kansas, Missouri and South Dakota.
The Vancouver International Airport (YVR) is 12 kilometers from downtown Vancouver. It is a major airport in North America and Canada's second busiest airport. In 2010, 2011 and 2012 YVR won the Skytrax award as Best North American Airport.
Direct and Non-Stop Flights To Omaha, Nebraska
Flights to Eppley Airfield are domestic only, so flights from Canada are not direct and a stop is required must stop in another US city connecting onwards to Nebraska. Omaha is a large airport and handles over 2 million passengers per year. There are several one stop flights from Vancouver to Omaha, Nebraska.
The Eppley Airfield has non-stop flights to several large airports in the USA. There are no direct flights to Vancouver. From Omaha, these are the most frequent one stop connection cities in the USA:
- US Airways connect to Omaha from Phoenix, Arizona. The Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport is US Airways main hub on the West Coast. The flight from Vancouver is on US Airways and the flight from Phoenix is with their regional carrier US Airways Express – Mesa Airlines
- American Airlines one stop flights to Omaha connect in their main airport hub in Dallas, Texas.
- Continental / United Airlines – the most frequent connection is in their secondary airport hub in Denver, Colorado. There are also flights connecting in their United Airlines main hub in Chicago.
- Delta Air Lines – the two most frequent one stop flights are in Salt Lake City, Utah and Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Cheap Airline Tickets
The low cost airlines Southwest and Frontier Airlines both have a significant presence at Eppley Airfield. Both airlines fly to Seattle/Tacoma International Airport (SEA). It is a 126 mile flight from SEA to Vancouver International. For many passengers from the Pacific Northwest, Seattle/Tacoma is a good alternative for cheap flights from Vancouver.
Frequently Asked Questions on Omaha Nebraska Flights From Vancouver
Does WestJet or JetBlue fly to OMA?
WestJet Airlines and JetBlue do not fly to Nebraska.
What is the most frequent connection city on flights to Omaha from Vancouver?
Denver, Colorado is the most frequent connection point for flights to OMA.
How many miles is it from Vancouver, BC to Omaha, Nebraska?
The one stop flight with United Airlines is 1,581 miles. (1,111 miles YVR to DEN and 470 miles DEN to OMA).
The airport code for Eppley Airfield is OMA.
The airport code for Vancouver International Airport in British Columbia, Canada is YVR.
The cheapest flights from YVR are on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Weekend travel dates are historically more expensive.