Cheap Flights To Vancouver, BC From Washington-Dulles
The Vancouver International Airport (YVR) is 127 miles north of Seattle, Washington. When flying from Washington-Dulles International Airport (IAD) you can fly with several major US airlines as well as Canada's national airline, Air Canada.
Cheap Airline Tickets To Vancouver From Washington - Dulles
Frequently, American Airlines have the cheapest airline tickets to Vancouver from Washington IAD to YVR. The best flight with American Airlines is a non-stop flight to Los Angeles where a connection is made with either WestJet or Alaska Airlines. Remember to allow more time than usual for connections at LAX.
The best days of the week to fly for cheap flights to Vancouver are Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Weekend departures are historically more expensive.
Airlines Flying From Washington DC to Vancouver BC, Canada
- Air Canada – flights from Washington-Dulles are code share with United Express. Air Canada do not fly out of IAD. The most frequent connection cities from IAD are in Chicago, Toronto or Montreal. The Toronto (YYZ) or Montreal (YUL) flights to Vancouver are then with Air Canada.
- American Airlines – one stop flights that are with American all the way connect in their main airport hub in Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW). From DFW it is a non-stop flight to YVR. The other one stop flight was mentioned earlier. Connecting in Los Angeles and then code share from LAX to Vancouver with either Alaska Airlines or WestJet.
- Continental Airlines and United Airlines most popular one stop flights connect in Chicago, San Francisco or Seattle. There are several flight choices with Continental and United Airlines.
- Delta Air Lines one stop flight connects in Minneapolis – St. Paul Minnesota or Salt Lake City Utah.
- US Airways flights to Vancouver from Washington-Dulles are not as convenient as the other major airlines, with two stops in Pittsburgh and Phoenix.
Non-Stop Flights From Washington DC To Vancouver BC – IAD to YVR
There are no non-stop flights to Vancouver from Washington-Dulles.
Southwest Airlines and it's merger partner AirTran Airways fly from Washington-Dulles, however, the closest the two airlines come to YVR is the Seattle/Tacoma International Airport.
Through their code share with American, you can now fly WestJet to IAD. Most flights out of Vancouver are on WestJet to Los Angeles and then code share on American non-stop from LAX to IAD..
Virgin America have non-stop flights to San Francisco and Los Angeles. From there the closest Virgin America fly is Seattle.
Arriving at the Vancouver International Airport
Vancouver International Airport is the busiest airport in British Columbia and the second busiest airport in Canada. The airport is well laid out with many volunteers to assist with questions. Transportation options include Rapid Rail Transit with the Canada Line which will quickly get you to downtown Vancouver.
Almost all major car rental companies are located on site at the airport. Taxi service is well set up and available outside the arrivals area in a covered area. It does not matter if it is raining, you will stay dry. Public buses are available and many airport hotels have complimentary shuttle buses.
Note: Airline flight schedules are subject to change at any time. Refer to individual airline websites for latest flight information.